MUG IT : 3 Minute Breakfast Mug - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Saturday 23 February 2013

MUG IT : 3 Minute Breakfast Mug


Looking for a great easy breakfast? Living in a dorm but want something homemade? Then this is the recipe for you. Made in a single serve mug, you can be done and eating in under 3 minutes.

I cannot believe I am actually blogging this. This is one of my guilty pleasures, something I almost never admit to eating and here I am sharing it with everyone. I learned to do this back in High School while traveling abroad.

(I just want to note the photo above is taken removed from cooking vessel, I general eat it in the mug but wanted to show it better)

You will need:

1 egg
1/2 slice sandwich bread
1 1/2 tbsp cream (or milk)
2 tsp cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme

*optional 1 tbsp real bacon bits
*optional 1 slice ham (lunch meat) torn to pieces

Let us begin:

In a coffee cup or beat together milk and egg.

Add in salt and pepper. Adjust if desired to your liking.

Tear sandwich bread into bite size pieces and add in.

Add in your optional bacon or ham if using it.

Add in cream cheese.

Dust top with thyme.

Microwave for 1 minute.

If it doesn't look set microwave 10 additional seconds.

It almost always takes my microwave 1 minute 10 seconds, but when I learned this it took 1 minute 30 seconds. So just bare in mind a stronger microwave a shorter cook time.

Okay, your done! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment