Recipe for Greek Pizza - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Sunday 7 February 2010

Recipe for Greek Pizza

Is it really Greek? Well it has feta and kalamata olives so we might as well just call it Greek. As in “it’s all Greek to me” ok, that was lame. Is it really even a pizza? All I really know is that all up and down the Mediterranean people slap stuff on bread and bake it. And why not? Bread slapping is fun. 

Yay bread slapping! Gosh that sounds a bit rude doesn’t it? Though my mind could be a little warped, as a nine hour walk on Sunday has reduced my right small toe into a raw and bloody stump. Hmmm methinks tis’ time to go shoe shopping. 

NOOoooooooo not shoe shopping! Not SHOOOE SHOPPING! I would rather be drawn in butter and quartered than go shoe shopping. I admit it is not as bad as when I was a kid, when they have to measure your foot and make you wear the store sock, and your mom makes you walk around the store in one old shoe and one new shoe. I’ll even admit that it is easier with all the self service shoe stores, but still I hate it with an unexplainable fiery fundamentalist zeal. My average shoe shopping trip takes about ten minutes, walk in store, pick up shoe, ok shoe fits...Sort of fits anyway, pay for shoe, get out of store before hell comes to Bath! Usually later I realize that I wanted a brown shoe or a black shoe or perhaps not a shoe with a giant panda logo on the side. I have tried shopping for shoes online however this was a disaster as I can wear any of 3 whole sizes and 2 half sizes depending on the manufacture and the shape of the shoe. Literally I went in a few months ago and bought some shoes and one pair was a 9 and the other a 10. Though I swear I used to wear an 11? Maybe my feet got smaller as I got fatter?

Oh well, I guess I don’t have a choice. Perhaps I can start off with a couple of margaritas to ease the horrors of shoe shopping. Shoe shopping and Barney the Purple dinosaur, two things of pure distilled evil. 

Back to the pizza:

This should serve 6 marshmallowy peeps with a nice green salad as a side dish. 

I fat loaf of French or Italian bread (not a baguette)
2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
4-6 Oz crumbled feta
3 Tomatoes sliced thin
3-4 Cloves of garlic minced fine (or less if you so desire)
1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
1 ½ Teaspoons of oregano
Cracked black pepper 

Methodness to the madness: 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the ends off the loaf and reserve for another purpose. Cut the loaf into 12 thick slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with olive oil (using a little more if necessary) Place slices of tomato overlapping on each slice of bread (using about half a tomato for each slice) Sprinkle with garlic, the cheese, and finally the seasoning.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment