Strawberry Mint Sorbet Recipe - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Saturday 24 October 2009

Strawberry Mint Sorbet Recipe


I recently read a book I really enjoyed, lucky for me it is part of an eleven book series and each one is about as thick as a couple of phone books! Yay! Though I am trying not to read them all at once, have to pace myself.

I did that twice, with the Harry Potter Series ( I know, I know) which I read in a week because…well I really hated my job in those days so it really did not seem to matter. Then with the Discworld series though I did try to pace myself which still had me finish all twenty seven books in 2007, or however many there were at that time.

Besides, I still have plenty of crap to read.

However this had wizards and dragons, and castles and evil rulers (hey I went to Catholic school I know about evil rulers, Sister McMahon was deadly with a meter stick. That’s a yard Stick to Americans, well approximately 3 inches off if it makes you feel any better. ) naughty princesses, a hero with a great big sword, etc ad nauseum. Great, next thing you know I’ll be sitting around a make shift card table in a basement somewhere with a Character Sheet and a Rule book, of course these days it would probably be played onlin. Meaning that DnD players have even less contact with the outside world than they did in the 70’s and 80’s, now that is just sad. True it kept us out of trouble, and off the streets and everything else that was cool.

Lucky for me I moved to the US and have not picked up any polyhedral dice since, clean and off the Dungeon Masters Radar for 17 years.

Until a few years ago I had refused to read any fantasy genre work either. It was that Harry Potter ba$tard that got me sucked back in.

That Rowling woman just gives you a little free taste of the fantasy world. It’s almost enough for a while, then you want more you need more. Soon just reading some kids book about some pretentious brats isn’t enough. You have to have more, Next thing you know you have a pony tail held with a rubber band, and are laying in a pile of your own drool surrounded by empty Taco Bell wrappers and frayed novels with covers featuring half nekkid barbarians riding dragons and flourishing swords the size of scud missiles.

Until then here is a recipe for a strawberry sorbet. Which has nothing to do with wizards or barbarians hoards, and everything to do with a sugar high.

Ingredients:

3 c. strawberries
3/4 c. confectioners' sugar

3 - 4 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tablespoon of fresh mint chopped
Mint leaves or lemon slice to garnish

How you do this:

Keep a few berries aside for garnish unless you are using frozen berries, then don’t bother. They will just look awful. Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Mix with the sugar and the lemon juice. Freeze for one hour then beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater for one minute. Freeze for another hour and beat again, Then freeze until serving time. I have pictured it served in a martini glass with a lemon slice, candy canes make great swizzle sticks for sorbet and other desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment