MAKE IT: Instant Hot Chocolate Powder/Mix - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Sunday 10 February 2013

MAKE IT: Instant Hot Chocolate Powder/Mix

This is so simple and do easy to do, it will make you wonder why you haven't been making it all along! Have you ever had one of those moments, the ones where you want to smack your own forehead and say "duh"? I had that moment today, roughly 15 minutes ago-and it hit hard! I went to go make myself some hot chocolate but, there was barely any powder left, ugh! So I was thinking I was out if luck. I went to toss the container and the ingredients jumped out at me! DUH! Big duh, I can make this seriously it is just coco powder, sugar, preservatives, and sodium chloride (table salt). SERIOUSLY! Why have I been spending money on this? It took about ten minutes to figure out the proportion and here you go, 1 quart or 32oz of hot chocolate mix!

Full time: 5-10 minutes
Makes 32oz hot coco mix or roughly 32 cups hot coco

You will need:

2 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cup unsweetened baking coco (based on how rich you want it)
1 tsp kosher salt

1 large airtight container
1 funnel (if using a small rim container)

Let us begin:

Place sugar into bottom of sealable container.

Add in coco powder, 1/3-1/2 cup at a time. Seal and shake to mix. Coco powder gets very airy so it will fill container fast, shaking down will help condense powder.

Once all coco has been mixed, add salt.

Shake container for a good 2-3 minutes straight to fully blend.

Your done! Label and store for 60 days.

I recommend using 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp per cup of milk-enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment