MAKE IT: Cheese Spread (Velveeta) - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Wednesday 16 January 2013

MAKE IT: Cheese Spread (Velveeta)

Velveeta cheese is probably my only weakness when it comes to overly processed foods and ingredients. I can slice off and eat it cold. One day I was in a hurry and started making queso and realized I didn't have enough, so I wondered can I just make it? Answer is yes!!! It tastes great, is less processed, and is just as creamy.

Full time: 24 hours
Makes an approximately 2 lb. Cheese block

You will need:

5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 package unflavored gelatin (1 1/2 tsp)

* small side note on this, you need a large food processor to fit this. If you have a small one I recommend making this in to batches and pour into the same pan. Just remember to divide everything in half for each batch.


Let us begin:
 
Line a small loaf pan with plastic wrap.

In a food processor combine water, milk, and gelatin. Process until gelatin is dissolved.

Add in all the cheese and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes.



Quickly pour into loaf pan.

Cover tightly with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator.

Let sit for 24 hours.

Remove from plastic wrap to aluminum foil for storage, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment