Asparagus Parmesan - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Asparagus Parmesan

I love asparagus and I love cheese, well I love food. Here two of my favorite ingredients are combined with my favorite cooking method: “Easy”. The asparagus should still have some crunch to it, with this method. I don’t recommend doing this with canned asparagus. I did it, I did it once, I am not proud of it. When I pulled it out of the oven it sort of dissolved. Which was rather nasty, there was just this greenish whitish goo in the bottom of the casserole like soap scum on vacation. Most unpleasant.

Definitely get the fresh asparagus for this.

Ingredients:

1 Pound of Asparagus Left whole woody ends snapped off
¼ Cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon of butter in small pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:

Blanch the asparagus by dropping into simmering water for one minute. Remove to a colander and rinse with cold water, drain well. Lay asparagus in a greased casserole, sprinkle with the cheese and dot with the butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes till cheese is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment