MAKE IT: Sugar Cookie Mix (Betty Crocker inspired) - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Monday 4 February 2013

MAKE IT: Sugar Cookie Mix (Betty Crocker inspired)


This year I an odd thought when making my Christmas gifts. If I make cookies in a jar for everyone else to use, why don't I ever just prepare extra for myself? This then lead me to thinking why I default to Betty Crocker mixes when I don't have time to make cookies from scratch? Together they formed a simple solution: I just needed to figure out how to make cookie mixes as simple to whip up as Betty Crocker, that I can store for future use!

And thus the cookie bag was born! I think you'll really enjoy this, you will get two bags a mix for later use out of the recipe at a substantial savings, and you can customize the recipe if desired!

Full time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 bags cookie mix: each yields 24 cookies

You will need:

3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted, divided
1 1/2 cup granulated white sugar, divided
1 tsp salt, divided
1 tsp baking powder, divided
1 tsp baking soda, divided
4 zip-top bags
2 index cards

Let us begin:

On each of the index card, write the following:

Sugar Cookie Mix
You will need: 1/2 cup butter, softened. 1 egg. 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350
Mix contents of bag of bag with above ingredients until well blended. Place drops of batter roughly 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges turn a nice golden color.

Open 2 of the zip top bags. in each bag mix half the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.


Press bag while sealing to remove excess air.

Place bag inside other bag, with index card between them (this is to ensure no tears or rips occur to mix bag.

Press out excess air and seal. Make sure to date bag, you don't want to use it after 6 months. You can easily store in cabinet or freezer.

When using mix just follow instruction on index card and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment