MAKE IT: Brownie Mix (Pillsbury inspired) - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Monday 4 February 2013

MAKE IT: Brownie Mix (Pillsbury inspired)


This year I an odd thought when making my Christmas gifts. If I make cookies in a jar for everyone else to use, why don't I ever just prepare extra for myself? This then lead me to thinking why I default to Pillsbury mixes when I don't have time to make brownies from scratch? Together they formed a simple solution: I just needed to figure out how to make cookie mixes as simple to whip up as Pillsbury that I can store for future use!

And thus the brownie bag was born! I think you'll really enjoy this, you will get two bags a mix for later use out of the recipe at a substantial savings, and you can customize the recipe if desired!

Full time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 brownie mixes, each yields 1 pan brownies


You will need:

2 cups granulated white sugar, divided
1 cup sifted all purpose flour, divided
2/3 cup baking powdered coco, divided
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp baking powder, divided
4 zip top bags
2 index cards

*optional 1/2 cup walnuts, fudge pieces , or other mix ins per bag.

Let us begin:

On each index card write the following:

Brownie Mix
You will need: 1/2 cup vegetable oil. 2 eggs. 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350
Mix contents of bag of bag with above ingredients until well blended. Place batter in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until middle test done when toothpick is inserted.

Open 2 of the zip top bags, in each mix half of the sugar, flour, baking coco, baking powder, and salt. If adding mix ins incorporate them also.

Seal bag, pressing down to remove any excess air.

Place each bag in a second zip top bag, to ensure no tears or holes get put in mix bag.

Slide index card with instructions between two bags, sealing outside bag. Make sure to get out any excess air.

Date outside bag, you won't want to use these after more than six months, they can be stored in either cabinet or freezer.

To make brownies just dump bag contents into a large bowl, mix in remaining ingredients, bake and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment