PRODUCT REVIEW: (Book) "The Food Lover's Companion" - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Monday 7 January 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: (Book) "The Food Lover's Companion"



Product Review: I want to start by saying this is not a paid advertisement, I speak for myself only, no companies have given me anything for this review. My opinions are completely my own.

Overview: "The Food Lover's Companion" Deluxe Edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Fantastic book, if you love food and want an easy to use reference guide, this is the book for you!

I received this book for Christmas this year and I can not put it down. It has so many fact, information, and tidbits about food. My other half purchased it for me thinking it would be a great resource for my blog, since somedays I am trying to find origins or proper backgrounds on ingredients. This book contains so much more backgrounds, variations, origins, and common uses for ingredients are all included.

It serves as a great learning tool and inspiration. Take an apple, now lets say you want to know what to do with the apple. You can look up apples, find out all about the apple you have and it's best uses. The book includes 6700 entires which means tons of ingredients I have never heard of.

This book has become my right arm when writing in under two weeks. Now in the grocery store I look for things I have never seen before, look them up, and find out what great dishes I can make.

Okay now that I have raved on about the book for done time here are done specifics about the book. It is a nice hardcover book which retails between $18-$29 depending on where you purchase it. It has beautiful gold page edges, and a silk bookmark attached for a page keeper. The book is divided into a few sections including an alphabetical food list and special "glossaries".

 
 
The glossaries tend to be item specific such as apples or sausages. The book also contains several side bars or information boxes which discuss terms like al dente. And several notable chefs and cooks have comments or responses throughout the book.

I highly recommend this read if your a food lover or know someone who is!

No comments:

Post a Comment