Brandy Alexander - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Brandy Alexander

I know that there are many people in this world who do not drink wine or alcoholic beverages. There are some that can’t, due to faith, health or lifestyle choices and that's just part of what makes us all unique.  Personally I happen to like a nice bevie, sometimes more than one. Ok, often more than one. However I don’t wake up anymore feeling as if a small Icelandic community of shark meat farmers are eating my brain or end up on YouTube wearing my underwear on my head jiving to Beyonce.

I am real fan of the classic cocktail.  My favorites happen to be Manhattan’s, Sidecars and the occasional Gin Fizz. No mojitos or  AMF’s thank you very much. Those are far too modern.

Well for a while I have been craving a Brandy Alexander, for some reason I couldn’t remember what went into it.  Then my roommate left out a bartenders guide and low and behold! We achieved Brandy Alexander!

What is hysterical is that I actually had one recently at a local martini bar’s happy hour. It was however under a different name, oh and they added a swirl of Hershey’s chocolate syrup.

I took the picture after I had already had one, so I was getting a little “artistic”.

Skoal!

½ Oz Brandy
½ Oz Crème de Cacao
½ Oz Half and Half
Pinch of Nutmeg

Combine brandy, crème de cacao and half and half in a cocktail shaker with ice, pour into cocktail glasses. Dust lightly with nutmeg. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment