Jalapeño Corn Salsa - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Jalapeño Corn Salsa


I am a huge fan of Mexican style food. I love trying all sorts of sauces, salsas, and dips. One of my favorite salsas is corn salsa, I love how thick and chunky it is. I also love how the sweet corn balances out with a delicate hint of spice.

Several people I know tell me that Chipotle Mexican Grill's Jalapeño and Corn Salsa is the best out there. I gave it a whirl and it is pretty good I gave to admit, funny thing is, mine tastes just like it. The only difference is I usually add a splash of cumin. So here is a great recipe to replicate Chipolte's.

Full time: 15 minutes (plus 1 hr chill time although you could technically eat it right away)
Serves 4-6

You will need:

1 lime
1 green onion, finely diced
1 cup frozen sweet corn
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1 to 1 1/2 tbsp jalapeño, finely diced
1/2 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp cumin (if you want my flavor instead if Chipolte's)

Let us begin:

In a colander place frozen corn. Run under cool water (not cold) for 2-3 minutes.

Let drain in sink for 5-10 minutes.

Move thawed, drained corn to mixing bowl.

Add in jalapeño, cilantro, onion, and salt (cumin). Mix well to fully incorporate.

Cut lime in half and squeeze in the juice if one half.


Mix and taste. Adjust salt if needed. If you can taste a slight hint of lime than you are all set, if not add in juice of second half. You want about 1 -11/2 tsp lime juice.

Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator to meld, for minimum 1 hour.

Remove from refrigerator, give a good stir and serve, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment