Salmon Rolls - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Salmon Rolls


This is a supremely elegant appetizer. The flavors are delicately balanced and the color is bright and vibrant. I followed this with a classic steak Diane served with Parisian potatoes (cut with a melon baller and sautéed in butter with garlic) and sliced beefsteak tomatoes.

Sadly there is no vegetarian option for this, unless you did wheat protein fake shrimp soyanaise and wrapped it all up in a tofu skin, but that sounds pretty nasty.

I don’t remember the first time I had this but I must have been very very small. Shrimp and smoked salmon were my favorite things when I was a kid. You can read about my shrimp cocktail obsession here: Shrimp Cocktail

Ok, short post but the recipe is the important part. I have to go pack, the stuffed master is moving into a new flat.

Ingredients for Four Peeps

16 Thin Slices of Smoked Salmon
1 Cup of tiny salad shrimp
2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
½ Teaspoon of lemon juice
Pinch of both salt and pepper
Lemon wedges and parsley to garnish

How you do this? I tell you now:

Mix the shrimp with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper set aside in a cool place. Lay a piece of cling film/plastic wrap on a cutting board. Lay two slices of salmon slightly overlapping so that they form a rough square. Place two tablespoons on one edge of each salmon square and roll up. If a little filling tries to fall out once rolled just stuff it back in with the back of a teaspoon and no one will be any the wiser. Do not, I repeat DO NOT use Elmers Glue, it doesn’t taste very good. Garnish with lemon wedges and sprigs of parsley however it suits your fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment