Pumpkin Soup - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Pumpkin Soup


Most of you are probably totally sick of Thanksgiving and anything to do with Thanksgiving foods.

Well sod off then!

For those of you who remain, here is a delightful recipe for a really yummy pumpkin soup. I like soup, soup is like the soup of the soup, and just there being soup like in its complete and soupy soupness.

Just my thoughts, just throwing them out there… into space or something like that there. Gosh, Lost in Space was a terrible TV show. Just hideous, I still don’t understand the concept and those uniforms! Gag.
Speaking of uniforms, I was waiting to cross the street in downtown today and there was a County Sherriff waiting in front of me. Can anyone please tell me why Kelly green? Why? They practically glow in the dark. I just know that somebody somewhere is having a big old laugh about that.

I mean who sat down and said: “The best color for the County Sheriffs uniforms will be Kelly Green because it is so luminous. They will shine like a beacon of hope to the people. Oh and we put the yellow stripe down the side because it looks like a streak of… ”

Hmmmm?

Right I didn’t think so.

I have the greatest respect for our men and women in uniform, whatever uniform it is Police, Marines, Soldiers, Ambulance Drivers, Milkmen, the doorman at the Monaco hotel, the pizza delivery guy, Sailors, whichever.

I would however be hard pressed to find myself intimidated by someone that looks like a sinus infection has gone horribly horribly wrong.

Wow, did that make any sense? I better lay off the cough syrup before Ricky Martin tap dances across the ceiling again. I wish he wouldn’t do that.

Ingredients: 


4 Cups of vegetable stock
4 Cups of pumpkin puree (I used the canned stuff NOT PIE FILLING)
1 Onion chopped
2 Tablespoons of butter or oil
1 Clove of garlic chopped
Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
A couple of tablespoons of sour cream to garnish
Paprika to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter or oil till the onion is transparent, but not browned G@d help you id you brown it. Stir in the pumpkin puree and the stock, bring to a simmer and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove form heat cool slightly and very carefully puree in batches. Return to the heat season to taste and heat through. Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of parsley and paprika if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment