Peach Smoothie - Scottish Foods Recipes

Breaking

victor ads

BANNER 728X90

Thursday 14 May 2009

Peach Smoothie

I have been making lots of smoothies lately but nothing worthy of posting. Most are banana, berries/kiwifruit and milk. I even added half an avocado to a recent one. Most of the smoothies I have posted don’t have milk but lately I wanted to increase my calcium intake.

However this morning I felt like a milk-free smoothie. My mum had given me a punnet of strawberries which had grown a beard. I could only rescue about four. There was no juice in the fridge, no banana in the fruit bowl and my strawberries needed to be used pronto. What to do? Then my eye fell upon a tin of peaches in the pantry. Perfect.

This smoothie brought a breath of summer into this cool autumn morning. The only change I would make next time would be to use a whole punnet of strawberries if they were not mouldy. If it was summertime and I had a ripe peach or two, then I would use those and a little juice. In fact my tinned peaches are in apple/pear juice if you read the small print. But I was very happy with this refreshing smoothie and the pretty flecks of colour in it. In fact, you might say it was just peachy, if you excuse the pun.

Tropical Peach Smoothie
makes a little over 2 glasses

400g tin of sliced peaches in lite juice (not drained)
4 strawberries, trimmed (or a whole punnet if you have one)
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
pulp and seeds of 1 passionfruit
1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)

Blend (I use my handheld blender in a tall jug) and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment